Ask an Expert
free call 0800 350 354
9am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
It was such a great trip. Really rewarding to clean up the beautiful beaches up there - we found lots of ghost nets, which made us all feel glad to be there so we could get rid of them (didn't find any trapped turtles but saw lots of turtle tracks on the beaches) - and to hang out with the Dhimurru rangers and learn a bit about Yolngu culture. ....weather was sunny most days, and warm but not too hot - we even went swimming in the sea most days.
WIN a Trek for Two to Everest Base Camp
WIN a Trek for Two to Everest Base Camp Competition
Only Footprints is the World Expeditions monthly enewsletter – each month we draw on over 40 years of adventure travel experience to bring you our exciting up-coming events and tours, cutting edge destinations, leader profiles as well as traveller experiences and the latest news in the world of adventure. Also we announce our ‘Hot Deals' in Only Footprints so why not subscribe now to find out how you can SAVE on your next adventure!
the prize: World Expeditions is offering you the chance to WIN a trek for two to Everest Base Camp!
Take a look at what you will experience trekking in the Everest Region of Nepal:
This trek to the base of Mount Everest will surpass your expectations as you ascend in true expedition style, savouring the quintessential trekking experience with our guides, crew and porters as we trek to the base of the world’s highest mountain.
Along the way you'll stay at our comfortable PRIVATE ECO-CAMPSITES: featuring spacious standing-height tents, off-the-ground beds, composting toilets, washbasins and some of the finest views on the planet. Enjoy socialising with fellow trekkers over delicious three course meals prepared by our cooks in the comfort of a heated dining room. The unique campsites allow us to offer a fully supported camping based trek – which we believe is the most sustainable approach to trekking in Nepal – providing many benefits for the environment, trekkers and local people.
Images by Mark Tipple
how to enter: Simply subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter Only Footprints – the best authority on adventure travel – and go into the draw to win a spot on a cycling adventure of a lifetime.
Subscribe and WIN a trip to Everest Base Camp!
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is open to all New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over who subscribe to the World Expeditions Only Footprints enewsletter during the promotional period. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agents associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- To enter: Entrants must subscribe to the World Expeditions Only Footprints enewsletter at www.worldexpeditions.com/enter using the link provided on our homepage, on facebook using the entry form provided on the Competitions tab, or by completing the printed entry form. In the case where an entrant provides the email address of a referrer who is already subscribed to the Only Footprints enewsletter, the referrer will also get an entry into the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Promotion commences on 01/07/2016. Entries close 5.00pm EST on 19/06/2017. The draw will take place at World Expeditions, Level 5 / 71 York St Sydney NSW 2000 on 26/06/17 at 2.00pm EST. The winner will be notified by email and announced in the July edition of Only Footprints and on the World Expeditions facebook page. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the following prize:
- Seventeen (17) day Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar trek with World Expeditions for two (2) persons (twin share)
- Inclusions as per the trip notes at www.worldexpeditions.com
- Total prize valued at a maximum of $3,450 NZD per person.
- The offer is only valid for travel booked before 30 Sept 2017 for a departure date before 30 June 2018.
- Travel is subject to availability and trips meeting minimum numbers. The prize cannot be changed once the booking has been confirmed by the Promoter or its agents with the prize winner
- Reservations must be made directly with World Expeditions and a booking form must be completed and signed by the participants acknowledging the terms and conditions of participation.
- The Seventeen (17) day Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar trek portion of the prize is redeemable for the land only content, commencing in Kathmandu as outlined in the detailed trip notes found at www.worldexpeditions.com. The prize excludes any airfares, any taxes, travel visas and travel insurance. Any pre / post night hotels and airport transfers outside the scheduled tour dates, or other ancillary costs not mentioned in the detailed trip notes or within these terms and conditions are not included.
- Taxes, Kathmandu to Lukla flights, park permits, airport tax and Single Surcharge expenses are not included and are at the winner’s expense at roughly USD $464 but are subject to change and affected by the fluctuating rate of exchange. The aforementioned estimates are at rate of exchange as of May 2016.
- The prize winner is responsible for all other items of personal nature, including spending money, insurance, transport to and from their departure point, drink, meals (except where stipulated), personal equipment and all other ancillary costs.
- The prize winner will be required to write 3 blog updates for World Expeditions and supply a minimum 5 images and 2 social posts for the World Expeditions facebook page.
- Prize is not transferable, cannot be transferred to another person and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers. The prize cannot be exchanged for alternative products or services or redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value.
- No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Unless otherwise provided, if the prize or a part of the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or the portion of the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any applicable law. The Promoter has the right to change portions of the prize as determined.
- In the event of the prize not being claimed within 3 months of the draw date, an unclaimed prize draw will be conducted at the same place as the original draw on 19/09/16 at 2pm. In the event of a winner in the unclaimed prize draw, they will be notified by email and announced in the October 2017 edition of Only Footprints and on the World Expeditions facebook page.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law the Promoter shall not be liable for any cost, expense, loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or inconsequential loss) or for any personal injury or damage to property which is suffered or sustained as a result of accepting the prize.
- The Promoter is World Expeditions, Level 5 / 71 York St Sydney NSW 2000. ACN 98 001 424 568.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Unless otherwise advised, the Promoter may also use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPS/16/04572 A.C.T. Permit No. ACT TP 16/01155